Wylie 6/2/17

Wylie 6/2/17

Postby Richard » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Ran the banks in Jon boat with cb, soft plastics, WP. Had one hit the WP but not really get it, threw it guite a bit more but no takers. My friend caught one keeper on a trick worm right on bank next to dock. I stuck one good one on a grande bass air tail worm but didn't use heavy enough wire hook and she bent it and came off at boat. This action was over at camp Thunderbird under the little bridge. I went all the way back there and it looked so good with all the submerged wood so we pitched worms in there but no love. Bream bites were a pain in the butt.
While I had my boat tied to dock so I could park my truck these huge waves rolled in and started slamming my boat against dock and snapped one of my trolling motor blades right off so had to fish with one blade and that sucked. Damn rookie !
Richard
Contributer

Re: Wylie 6/2/17

Postby Harold » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:20 pm

People just don't realize or care what damage their wake can do. Luckily prop aren't to expensive. Better luck next time Richard.
Harold
Contributer

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah Harold lesson learned , as they say it could always be worse. I bet you really keep your head on a swivel with that nice fiberglass boat you have !
Richard
Contributer

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 am

boat ramp on the main channel can be rough..................
There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Protect your Rod with The Rod Jimmy!
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Harold » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:45 pm

I try to but still get a ding every once in awhile. Most of the time Austin is with so I hold the boat off the dock while he goes and gets the truck. Most of my prop damage comes from hitting rocks or laydowns. I put a new prop on my trolling motor this spring because it was starting to get beat up some and had some vibration.
Harold
Contributer

Return to Catawba River Chain