Murray Wed. and Thurs. Sept. 17 and 18

Murray Wed. and Thurs. Sept. 17 and 18

Postby Harold » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Leeman and I fished Murray Wednesday and Thursday for stripers and largemouth bass. We got on a large school Wednesday at 7:30am and followed them for about 2 miles. For about 3 hours we were catching them just about as fast as we could get them unhooked and the lure back in the water. We got back out there Thursday but the action was a little slower. The fish wouldn't stay up but about 20 minutes and then they were gone. We would break for a while around lunchtime then go back out for the afternoon. The afternoon striper bite didn't happen for us either day, so we caught a few largemouth. We were planning on being out there early this morning but awoke to thunder and lightning. I headed back to the house at 10:00am. I started out catching the stripers on Jak's semi pro swim minnow. The stripers were just destroying it after about 5 fish. I switched to a Strike King swim minnow made for redfish. We had a great few days of fun and fellowship and I can't wait to try it again. Here are a couple of pics.
Good Fishin'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harold

Re: Murray Wed. and Thurs. Sept. 17 and 18

Postby jerry » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:01 am

Mind saying what part of lake you where finding them. We found them around Goat Is. on Tues. but could not get any schooling action on Thurs. Glad you caught them so good. We caught our best ones on downlines with live herring.
Jerry
jerry

Postby Bigfish » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 am

The Dynamic Duo at it again on Murray I see. I saw a pic Lee posted. It looked as though ya'll we're in acres of fish schooling there at one point. Nice catch, Good report.
Bigfish

Postby Harold » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:13 pm

We were in the mid-section of the lake Jerry.
Harold

Return to Saluda River Chain