ponds 9/19 thursday

ponds 9/19 thursday

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Fished 3 different ponds today. First pond natta, second pond covered water with swim jig and caught one, tried grn pumpkin worm and natta. Third pond they were hitting a black bb and I caught 3 with two blow ups and misses. They were up shallow chasing bait pinned up against the bank. Spotted a big one and when the bb came over it she swirled on it and was trying to find something to attack so I followed up with a square bill but she bailed. Sun came out and I left, no hogs but always fun catching them on bb. Frogs were every where but I didn't have one so have to come back since I still have not caught one on a frog yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

Re: ponds 9/19 thursday

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:28 pm

one of the bb fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

Postby tdekoker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey Richard I live close to Indian land/Ballantyne area. Know any decent ponds over this way? Looking to take my young son out but he's too young to get on the boat :).
tdekoker

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Hey tdekoker

You know there are ponds everywhere around here it blows my mind. I have used the internet to find as many as I can with google earth, or driving around we bass fisherman just sniff em out. I cant really say that one is soooo much better than the other and I prefer to power fish for bass with usually bigger baits to get the bigger fish. Its funny I don't even take my ten year old son to ponds I take him to Wylie and have a lot better time and luck. He has caught bass, catfish, and if that doesn't work I set him up with red worms on the bottom or under a float at any Wylie dock and he has a blast catching bream at will. And when I go to these local ponds the bream they catch are always really small, the bream in Wylie seem bigger to me and they fight. I just took my son to Wylie not that long ago and he caught two decent bass with a white road runner from wally world.
And a lot of these ponds don't look like they hold bass but u would be surprised, at times u can catch a stud so be prepared. Just to name a few Cady Lake, Francis Beatty in Matthews,Elon Park,Pineville Park is now letting people fish in it and I have seen bass cruising around in there but haven't fished it yet but its on my list. I also fish anything in between like all these subdivisions have ponds that hold bass man its crazy. Like Rusty says its time on the water and u just have to fish them and hit them at the right times. You can get to Nivens and the Dam outlet on Wylie from Ballantyne in no time and catch fish to. I even walk into corporate places that have ponds and fish them cause they hold bass, there just everywhere. This was one of the studs I caught at Francis Beatty Park in Mattews so be ready. Hope this helps and feel free if u have any other questions. 803-246-8081
Richard

Postby tdekoker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks Richard.
tdekoker

Return to Other