?

Discuss general topics in a civil manner.

?

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey Rusty
Just curious on your opinion on all the info that guides and pros mention on there best baits to throw. Like for instance why would a guide tell you his top five baits he's using on the lake he is fishing. I often wonder if they are really telling the truth. It seems to me that would put more fish in other boats than in their own.
Richard
Contributer

Re: ?

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 am

dont look a gift horse in the mouth :) it pays more to sell baits for sponsors than to try and keep secrets so if youre in a position to working with/for a sponsor that is making the baits you use and catch fish on the its makes the job easy. hard to know if anyone is lying..............
There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Protect your Rod with The Rod Jimmy!
Rusty
Site Admin

Re: ?

Postby Harold » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:36 pm

I think for the most part the pros are telling the truth on what they are throwing. Most pros don't tell what they are throwing until the last day of the tournament. After that, it really shouldn't matter that much because they're moving on to the next tournament. I watch a lot of Bassmaster live during tournaments and usually what they say they are throwing they are throwing. It's their job to try and catch fish on their sponsors baits to support them and sell their products. In some tournaments though, they have to rely on other baits due to water and weather conditions. Example Brett Hite is going to be throwing an Evergreen vibrating jig with a Yamato trailer of some sort. Gerald Swindle, KVD, Jordan and Matt Lee are going to be throwing Quantum rods and reels talking about how great they are. Tommy Biffle is going to be throwing his Larew Biffle Bug and so on.
Harold
Contributer

Return to Lounge