Wanting to fish all the time

Discuss general topics in a civil manner.

Wanting to fish all the time

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Seems like all I want to do is fish ! I have had this bug since I was a kid and I am 53 now. I have been married for 16 years and with my wife for 20. I have noticed over the past year or so she gets salty when I say hey I was going to go fishing . I don't drink , smoke, do drugs or get in any trouble. Man I cook , wash dishes, clean house and I am handy around the house. Built decks on our homes,install hardwood floors, crown molding , paint and the list goes on. And I only try to go once a week which usually ends up once every two weeks. Am I tripping here ? Maybe we need to see a counselor lol

Have you guys had or heard of this issue ?
I realize this isn't a therapy class but I really think it could get worse .
Richard
Contributer

Re: Wanting to fish all the time

Postby Rusty » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am

i have dealt with this issue my whole adult life and wish i had the answer to the problem. i dont fish near as much as i used to, being with Christine and having Collin has changed my priorities. its not that i dont want to go but i just know that they need my time too. its hard to find that compromise because you need your time to relax and the family needs your attention as well. i think communication and understanding are the keys but good luck :)
There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Protect your Rod with The Rod Jimmy!
Rusty
Site Admin

Re: Wanting to fish all the time

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Well said , thanks Rusty
Richard
Contributer

Return to Lounge