Frog fishing

Discuss fishing techniques here.

Frog fishing

Postby Richard » Mon May 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Question for all frog fisherman. I said last summer I was going to try and catch my first bass on a frog , well that didn't happen. I am going to try again this summer , but looking for advice on how to up my odds. Is it better to walk it , pop it, do you use long pauses ( cadence ) . I guess I am over thinking it .

Thanks for the help !
Richard

Re: Frog fishing

Postby Dave1 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 pm

I almost always walk it. Sometimes fast with no pauses. Sometimes slow with pauses. Depends on what gets bit. Also depends on what I am fishing. If I am fishing open water between objects, I usually fish it fast since I am in a hurry to get to the next laydown or what ever is next. I almost always using the popping frog though just because it walks better for me.
Dave1

Postby Rusty » Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 am

i agree that the popping frog from spro seems to walk easier and seems to make a little more commotion but catch a bunch on pointed nose frog as well(ecspecially around grass). as Dave said, let the fish tell you what they want. i used to fish a frog VERY fast and caught a lot of fish that way but have slowed it down and still catch em :)

https://youtu.be/XGlWHBCOfoM
there's another on my youtube channel
There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Protect your Rod with The Rod Jimmy!
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Tue May 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Cool thanks guys
Richard

Postby Richard » Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Finally !!!!!!!
Thanks Guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

Return to Techniques