Bladed Jig/Chatter Bait

Discuss fishing equipment here.

Bladed Jig/Chatter Bait

Postby squarebill10 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:28 pm

All-

Obviously, one of the things I gauge my success on while learning a new lure is one, getting bit all together, but two, the consistency and the different techniques I am able to land a fish as well - One of the lures I have been struggling with for sure is a bladed jig/chatterbait. I am reaching out for pointers that I can take to the drawing board to practice with. Is there a time that this bait should not be employed? Stained vs Clear vs Muddy, etc.. As is stands right now, I have zero confidence in this bait and I want to change that for sure. Personally, I am struggling wrapping my head around this concept because I absolutely love throwing a jig and have all the confidence in the world with it. However, it seems when you put a blade in the front and change the trailer, I seem to struggle.

My current set-up is a 7'3 Fast, MH action rod w/ 15 lb flouro - fish seem to hate it - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
squarebill10

Re: Bladed Jig/Chatter Bait

Postby Rusty » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 am

i like my 6'9" RW Series Spinnerbait rod for throwing a Pro Shimmy Jig, i use 17 to 25lb mono depending on how bad of places im putting it. i use it as a search bait, you can cover a lot of water. i do think its better around cover or in stained water
There is NO substitute for time on the water!

Protect your Rod with The Rod Jimmy!
Rusty
Site Admin

Return to Equipment