Line for cranking

Discuss fishing equipment here.

Re: Line for cranking

Postby ncbass123 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Or if you buy it in the 1 lb spools it is $35 for 6000 yards. Big game is the best line for the money that I've used.
ncbass123

Postby skipjack » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:28 am

I had been using fluro for about everything except topwater and crig. The frustration with break offs has me going back to mono for most applications. I still use fluro as a leader on drop shot and for some cranking.
skipjack

Postby duckvador1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:52 pm

I don't know why u guys are having problems with fluorocarbon line. I don't ever have any issues with it. I use seguar. As long as u use heavy enough line and retie if u have a fray u shouldn't have any problems. I recommend retying every time after u catch a nice fish and or when the line is frayed with mono and floro. U get better hook sets with floro because of less stretch. Use mono for top water, braid for frogs and a rigs, and floro for everything else. My 2 cents.

Good fishin Matt
duckvador1

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Haven't used fluorocarbon much so still getting used to it. Used it last night and I was surprised how sensitive it is, casting was no problem, and I had three snags that I couldn't pop free so had to pull em free, this stuff blew me away how strong it is I couldn't break it. It straightened the hook out on a t rig, broke the bill off the cb to free the lure, and pulled another t rig through a bunch of junk. One thing I noticed was after rigging up a lure the line would get all coiled up. With that said I think I actually like the stuff but not the price.
Richard

Postby Travis » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 am

I agree with Matt.
1 - Use the correct size of line. If you use 12lb mono, I use 15 lb floro. It is the same diameter and it is stronger.
2 - Make sure you tie a knot that dont fray your line.
3 - Cheap floro don't work (I use P-line).

The only problem I have is with spinning gear. I have a hard time loosing my drag. If you put it on spinning gear, loosing the drag and don't set the hook hard.
Travis

Postby squarebill10 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 pm

10 - 12lb seaguar flouro - maybe my favorite thing to do
squarebill10

Previous

Return to Equipment